Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
Skip to Content

Website Content

Searching...Web search loading icon


Searching...GIS search loading icon

Marriage Licence


PLEASE NOTE: Marriage Licences are issued Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m

Marriage Licence Requirements (PDF)

The following items are required to obtain a marriage licence:

A completed application form - the licence prepared by the City needs to show the bride's name at BIRTH (i.e., the name as listed on the original birth cert.) unless it has been legally changed and she has legal documents such as a new birth cert. as proof.

  • In the case of a widow wishing to continue using her married name, she must provide a death certificate of the husband whose name she wishes to continue using.
  • In the case of a divorce, she has to provide the divorce paper to receive the marriage licence, so she has proof that she had been using the married name previously, so may if she wishes to continue using the married name.

The following pieces of ID are required:

  1. ORIGINAL Birth Certificate (a baptismal certificate is NOT acceptable).
  2. In ADDITION to the Birth Certificate, we require a government issued photo ID, such as:  
  • Driver's licence; or
  • New Health Card (containing photo) or
  • Valid Passport

The Application form MUST be signed by both parties.

On the Marriage Licence one, or both, can sign, but at least ONE of them must come IN PERSON with both sets of identification and swear before the Marriage Licence Issuer that the information on the form is true.

If the parties involved are under age, Consent of Parent Form must be signed by both parents.

If divorces are involved, the ORIGINAL "Certificate of Divorce" is required, (or a copy of the Certificate of Divorce that has been certified by the Provincial Court where the divorce was granted).

If the divorce was granted several years ago, it may be called "Final Decree Absolute".

A "Judgement of Divorce" is NOT a final decree (it usually states at the very bottom of the document that this is not a Certificate of Divorce).

Only Canadian Divorces are accepted here (NOT U.S. or out of Country) - for those, approval from the Registrar General is required.

Marriage Licence Application

The COST of the Marriage Licence is $140.00


City of Quinte West Public Flex GIS

Welcome to the City of Quinte West Public Flex GIS map site. The mapping system runs on ESRI's ArcGIS for Flex.

Features Include:

  • Arial Photos for 2013, 2008 and 2002
  • Locate addresses, roads, parks, schools, and much more.
  • Embed Google Street View.

Download the latest version of Flash.

Please click on the link below to visit our interactive mapping site.

Click on the link below to download a .pdf map