Public Works Outdoor Operations is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a wide range of municipal services and facilities, including:
- Parks and open space
- Pollution control
- Quinte Access/Transit
The specific responsibilities of Outdoor Operations are listed below.
- Road maintenance and repairs
- Sidewalk maintenance and repairs
- Winter control (snowplowing, sanding, etc.)
- Bridge maintenance and repairs
- Boulevard maintenance
- Ditch and culvert maintenance
- Tree trimming and removal
- Traffic signal maintenance
- Streetlight maintenance
- Signage and traffic markings
- Garbage collection and disposal
- Leaf and yard waste collection and disposal
- Frankford Golf Course maintenance
- Parks and open space maintenance
- Cemetery maintenance
- Fleet maintenance
Speed Limit Review
Please be advised that the following is a list of roadways that are currently in the process of a speed limit review. Through the Speed Policy, requests are provided to the Public Works and Environmental Services Committee, a report is requested from the OPP and Engineering Staff, digital signs are displayed at the locations, and the information is posted on the website. Please click here for the entire Speed Limit Policy document.
The following is a list of locations currently under review for speed changes:
- In the area of Old Highway 2 by Quinte Conservation Authority - from 80 km/hr to 60km/hr
- In the Highway 2 area from Walmart westerly to McMaster Road - 50km/hr from 2nd Dug Hill Road to County Road 40, then 60km/hr from County Road 40 to McMaster Road
For further information please contact the City of Quinte West Public Works and Environmental Services department at 613-392-2841 ext. 4912. Written comments or concerns can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Wild Parsnip Roadside Spraying Program
Vegetation control along the City of Quinte West roadsides is an important part of road maintenance and controlling the noxious and invasive weed is an important objective of the City of Quinte West.
The Public Works and Environmental Services Department has been proactively mapping out wild parsnip infestation levels across the City of Quinte West roadsides. The identification of wild parsnip collected from staff has been used to identify the control areas for the 2016 strategy. The City of Quinte West intends to control wild parsnip in areas city-wide along rural roadsides. The integrated management strategy includes monitoring, mapping, the use of herbicide, mowing and evaluation. Accelerated mowing began late July/early August and roadside herbicide spraying is due to commence October 12, 2016, weather permitting, to approximately 400 locations as needed within the City of Quinte West. Monitoring and mapping are ongoing.
Please click here for the Notice and areas that are part of the roadside spraying.
No Spraying Signage
Residents with property adjacent to the areas being sprayed or if landowners do not want the road allowance (ditch) in front of their property to be sprayed, they can opt out by posting "NO SPRAYING" signs at the start and finish of their property.
- Signs must be 18 "x 24 "in size
- White background with approximate 6" high black lettering
- "NO SPRAYING" is the only information to be on the front of the sign
- Signs must be weather resistant
- Back of Sign should have landowner name
To request no spraying please complete and submit the No Spraying Request Form below.
No Spraying Request Form
Reminder you must complete the on-line form and send it via email to email@example.com or fax it to 613-392-7151 or provide a hard copy of the form to City Hall before you will be permitted to post a sign.
Please refer to the Ministry of Environment fact sheet for more information regarding the noxious weed.
For further information, please contact the City of Quinte West Public Works and Environmental Services department at 613-392-2841 ext. 4912.