The City of Quinte West is pleased to announce our
9th Annual Photo Contest!
The City of Quinte West offers something for everyone - whether you are a resident, volunteer, business owner or a visitor to our community. We invite you to submit digital photographs that capture the "Natural Attraction" of Quinte West. Your photographer's eye may have captured an image that will entice visitors and businesses to our beautiful City!
Here are some ideas/suggestions for photo subjects:
- Environment--skylines, open spaces, landscapes, parks/trails, wildlife, waterways, beaches and agriculture
- Architecture--urban design, city & streetscapes, landmarks & infrastructure
- People--images of residents and visitors participating in festivals, events, attractions, programs, sports & social activities
- Community--street/nightlife, activities/attractions, dining, shopping, celebrations, arts & cultural events, volunteering, sports/recreation
By submitting an entry to this contest, the photographer agrees that you have read, understand and agree to the Contest Rules and you warrant and represent that the photograph you submit is your own original work, that it is an authentic and accurate depiction of the subject matter presented, and that no other party has any right, title or claim to the photograph.
- A maximum of twenty (20) photos will be accepted per applicant.
- Entries will not be swapped out once they have been posted on the website.
- There is a maximum of one prize per photographer. In the event that a photographer places twice in the top six, the next eligible photo will be selected.
- All photos must be recently taken within the boundaries (or from the air or surrounding water) of the City of Quinte West and not have been previously published or submitted to the City of Quinte West.
- All entries must be accompanied by a fully completed entry form with contact information, location of where the photograph was taken, and a caption for the photo.
- If your photograph includes an identifiable person or people who are the main subject of the image, your entry must include a signed release form for each individual in the photograph. If any person appearing in any photo is under 18 years of age, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. If the photograph is of identifiable private property which is the main subject of the photo, your entry must include a signed release from the owner of the property. Such photos will not be considered eligible until a fully completed and signed release form, has been submitted to the City of Quinte West.(see below). Release forms can be printed by clicking on the link below and can be submitted by uploading a signed, digital copy using our online form or you may mail or drop them off at City Hall, 7 Creswell Drive, Trenton.
- Release forms can be printed by clicking on the link below. They can be submitted by uploading a signed, digital copy using our online entry form or you may mail fax, or drop them off at City Hall, 7 Creswell Drive, PO Box 490, Trenton, ON K8V 5R6. Fax: 613-392-0131
- By submitting a photograph for consideration you grant the City of Quinte West and its subsidiaries an unrestricted, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual right to display, edit, distribute publish and reproduce the photograph, in whole or in part, throughout the world in any media, website, publication, advertisement, and marketing & promotional materials, including print and electronic media without additional compensation. This does not restrict the photographer from continuing to use their photo however they wish or entering it in other contests.
- The City will, wherever possible, give credit to the photographer when using the photo.
- The City reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any submission.
- Photos received may not be posted to the website immediately after submission, however, all entries will be posted promptly following the deadline, prior to judging.
- The City is not responsible for entries that are lost, damaged, or delayed during transmission or transportation.
- The contest is open to everyone, except employees and Councillors of the City of Quinte West and their immediate family members.
- All entries must be submitted digitally online or on a CD in .jpg format at high resolution. Low resolution photos may be disqualified.
- All entries much be received by midnight on Monday, October 31, 2016.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges and notified no later than Wednesday, November 30th, 2016. The decision of the judges is final. Only those chosen will be contacted.
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT PHOTO EDITING: Please do not drastically edit or alter your photos, or superimpose other images, borders, watermarks or text on them. If you wish, you may crop them or tastefully enhance the exposure using a photo editing program.
First Prize: $300
Second Prize: $200
Third Prize: $100
Three Honorable Mentions: $50 each
All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash or other prizes.
Photo Contest Entry Form
ONLINE ENTRY FORM
PRINTABLE ENTRY FORM
Release forms can be printed by clicking on the link below and can be submitted by uploading a signed, digital copy using our online form or mail or drop them off at City Hall, 7 Creswell Drive, Trenton.
2015 Contest Winners
Photo Gallery: Photo Contest Entries 2015 will appear here on the public site.
Click here to send someone a digital postcard of our past entries.